When we frown, squint, laugh or use other facial muscles repeatedly our skin creases and causes furrows. As we age, the skin loses elasticity and cell regeneration slows down so it is no longer able to rapidly repair this damage. The result over time is lines and wrinkles which can be seen even when the muscles are at rest. By relaxing the action of these muscles the lines and wrinkles will be softened or disappear completely in some cases.
The world's most popular cosmetic medical procedure for lines and wrinkles is using Botulinum Toxin Type A, otherwise known as Botox® or B-Tox. Administered in small amounts to selected muscles with a very fine needle the results are very effective.
Apart from the well-known anti-aging treatment B-Tox can also be used to treat a number of other concerns:
- Lower face and chin where the mouth is down-turned.
- Masseter muscle in the jaw for teeth grinding.
- Hyperhydrosis or excessive sweating.
B-Tox is a prescription only medicine and should only administered by trained professionals. Our team are all qualified and experienced. To find out if this treatment is right for you, contact us for a free facial assessment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How long will it last?
A. It varies from person to person (due to individual metabolism) as well as the area treated, and dose required or administered. Effects will be felt between 2 and 5 days, with results lasting on average for 3 months.
Q. Are there any risks or side effects?
A. All medical treatments can have side effects, fortunately any side effects resulting from B-Tox are only temporary; these include:
- Some surface redness, pain, swelling and bruising are minimal but common side effects and will generally only last about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Small risk of infection because we need to break the skin barrier to inject the product.
- A very small risk of allergy; this is generally to the saline / preserved saline used to reconstitute the B-Toxin.
- Prior to treatment you will receive a full explanation of all possible side affects and have the opportunity to ask further questions.
Q. Will it look natural?
A. Yes, we specialise in achieving natural results, we listen to what you want to achieve and have the experience to enhance your natural features.
Q. How much does it cost?
A. The cost will vary depending on the area being treated. We offer a guide here and always offer a free facial assessment as this is the best way to get an understanding of cost.
While every client's concerns are different and treatments are tailored to individual requirements, there are some common procedures that we can provide indicative pricing for. The following is offered as a guide for treatment of lines and wrinkles using Botulinum toxin (Botox®):
|Frown||$180 - $360|
|Forehead||$72 - $180|
|Crows Feet||$180 - $360|
|Brow Lift||$72 - $180|
|Lip Flip||From $72|
|Corner Mouth||$72 - $110|
Please remember this is guide pricing only. The best way to find out how much your treatment will cost is to book a complimentary consultation.