RE-VOLUMISING & CONTOURING
As we ‘grow up’ we notice our skin becoming less firm and less elastic, causing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. The combination of these visible skin changes, as well as volume loss, are responsible for the aging appearance of the face.
In our youth, we have strong bones and muscles, and natural fat pads that provide shape and contour to the face. Volume is lost through resorption of bone, shrinkage of fat pads and muscles, as well as loosening of ligaments. These all contribute to the facial changes you see, which can make you look tired and sad when you’re not!
The good news is this lost volume can often be replaced using dermal fillers. We use a variety of types of Hyaluronic acid (dermal filler) depending on the result required, to re-volumise and support areas of fat and bone loss. The result is a natural refreshed look!
Achieving a natural look with dermal fillers is absolutely achievable; the key is taking a holistic view of the face. A comprehensive facial assessment is essential to establish what you need, and to agree what will be treated and when. From there it's about following the personalised treatment plan provided by your appearance medicine specialist. Best results are achieved by gradual treatments with subtle improvements each time. This approach results in a more refreshed and rejuvenated appearance rather than looking like you've 'had work done'.
The most commonly treated areas, to refresh and re-volumise the face, are:
- Temporal hollowing
- Mid-face (cheeks)
- Nasal labial folds.
- Lower face and jawline
Dermal fillers are also used where no bone or fat loss is present purely to enhance and glamorise features such as cheekbones and lips.
Click and expand to view the re-volumising demo video below:
For more information, download our Treatment Information sheet below:
WHAT AREAS ARE TARGET IN A 'LIQUID LIFT'?
- Temples: Treating the hollowed area in the temples not only provides support for the brows and crow’s feet area, but also adds supports the lower face structures.
- Mid-face: This includes the midface and cheekbones to better support the nasolabial and jowl area in particular.
- Tear trough: While this area often gains sufficient support from midface treatment, we may need to treat this directly to improve dark circles and shadowing.
- Lower Cheek: Replacing volume in this area provides support for the jowls and jawline, helping to create a smoother and more youthful look.
- Nasolabial Folds: Replacing volume in this area improves the lines that radiate from the nose towards the mouth corners, and adds support for the upper lip.
- Marionette lines (the lines from the corner of the mouth tracking downwards, which gives the mouth its ‘down turned frown’ appearance); Softening these lines supports the mouth and surrounding structures provides a more youthful look.
- Jowl area: Dermal filler helps to reduce the prominence of jowling and smooths the transition of cheek to chin.
- Jawline: Dermal filler redefines and supports the jawline to give a crisper more youthful look to the jaw.
The ‘Liquid Lift’ is a name given to a re-volumising procedure for the face, the effects of which have been compared to a ‘non-surgical facelift'.
This procedure is recommended for anyone who is concerned with a loss of volume in the face resulting in sagging or drooping skin, tired appearance in the under-eye area, and jowls forming along the jawline.
The technique requires dermal fillers to be injected into strategic anatomical landmarks of the face to replace lost volume and provide additional support to the facial tissue. This results in subtle enhancements and a minimisation of the effects facial aging, so you look more refreshed and youthful.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
There is minimal to no downtime, and you can often return to work straight after the procedure. You will see an improvement immediately, and results continue to improve over the next 2 – 3 months.
The ‘Liquid Lift’ can be done in stages to suit your busy lifestyle and your budget; remember, we don’t have to do everything at once!
If you think this procedure might be right for you, come in for a complimentary facial assessment. We can discuss your requirements and expectations, identify what is needed, and provide you with a treatment - and even a payment plan if necessary.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How long does it last?
A. This depends on the area being treated as well as person to person (because of individual metabolism). Depending on the type of filler and where it is place, they can last, on average, between 9 and 24 months.
Q. Does it hurt?
A. Those receiving dermal filler treatments will often describe the feeling as a mild stinging sensation – or ‘weird but not painful’. Most dermal fillers also contain an anaesthetic so any discomfort is minimised.
Q. Is there much downtime after treatment?
A. In most cases you can return to normal activities or work immediately after treatment.
We offer a guide here for the more commonly treated areas:
|Lips||$495 - $750|
|Cheeks||$700 - $1500|
|Nasolabial Folds (laugh lines)||$700 - $1500|
|Jawline||$700 - $1500|
|Lower Face||$700 - $1500|
Please remember this is guide pricing only. The best way to find out how much your treatment will cost is to book a free facial assessment so you will know what the exact cost will be before we start treatment.