RE-VOLUMISING & CONTOURING
The most commonly targeted areas are:
- Temples: Treating the hollowed area in the temples not only provides support for the brows and crow’s feet area, but also adds supports the lower face structures.
- Mid-face: This includes the midface and cheekbones to better support the nasolabial and jowl area in particular.
- Lower Cheek: Replacing volume in this area provides support for the jowls and jawline, helping to create a smoother and more youthful look.
- Nasolabial Folds: Replacing volume in this area improves the lines that radiate from the nose towards the mouth corners, and adds support for the upper lip.
- Marionette lines (the lines from the corner of the mouth tracking downwards, which gives the mouth its ‘down turned frown’ appearance); Softening these lines supports the mouth and surrounding structures provides a more youthful look.
- Jowl area: Dermal filler helps to reduce the prominence of jowling and smooths the transition of cheek to chin.
- Jawline: Dermal filler redefines and supports the jawline to give a crisper more youthful look to the jaw.
Dermal fillers are also used where no bone or fat loss is present purely to enhance and glamorise features such as cheekbones and lips.
Click to expand & view the lip enhancement demo video below:
Achieving a natural look with dermal fillers is absolutely achievable; the key is taking a holistic view of the face. A free, comprehensive facial assessment is essential to establish what you need, and to agree what will be treated and when. From there it's about following the personalised treatment plan provided by your appearance medicine specialist.
Best results are achieved by gradual treatments with subtle improvements each time. This approach results in a more refreshed and rejuvenated appearance rather than looking like you've 'had work done'.
FACIAL CONTOURING (LIPOLYSIS)
As part of the ‘growing up’ process, our faces change, becoming more oblong as some fat pads in the face reduce in size, while others remain or increase in size; for example, our cheeks flatten, and jowls appear larger as they descend due to loss of support.
Some clients dislike the resulting facial appearance and opt to reduce the size of specific facial or chin fat pads through injection lipolysis (also known as intralipotherapy). Commonly referred to as fat dissolving injections, 'Facial Contouring' (lipolysis) is a minimally invasive medical procedure for targeted fat reduction.
Facial Contouring uses a combination of active ingredients in a dual-action face contouring treatment. In the first stage, the treatment favours the elimination of waste and toxins to improve lymphatic drainage, and, in the second stage, reinforces and firms the skin structure. By promoting lipolysis (the process of breaking down fats), and inhibiting lipogenesis (the formation of fat), Facial Contouring effectively reshapes the facial contour.
We have 2 products available: one is a mesoestetic lipolysis treatment that is gentle and safe for use anywhere on the face. It is used to reduce the size of the fat pads giving subtle improvements to facial contours, while also improving lymphatic drainage and the appearance of the skin itself (think cellulite).
The other lipolysis treatment we offer gives more dramatic results in terms of reducing fat deposits, but can only be used to treat sub-mental fat (also known as a double chin). This treatment does have more down time in terms of swelling in the area.
A minimum of 4 treatments is recommended, approximately 2-weeks apart.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How long does it last?
A. You will see an improvement immediately, and results continue to improve over the next 2 – 3 months. How long the filler lasts depends on the area being treated as well as person to person (because of individual metabolism). Depending on the type of filler and where it is place, they can last, on average, between 9 and 24 months.
Q. Does it hurt?
A. Those receiving dermal filler treatments will often describe the feeling as a mild stinging sensation – or ‘weird but not painful’. Most dermal fillers also contain an anaesthetic so any discomfort is minimised.
Q. Which areas can be treated with Facial Lipolysis?
A. The most popular areas for treatment are the jowls and neck / chin; however, Facial Contouring may be used to treat other fat pads of the face, for example, peri-orbital (around the eye) and naso-labial (side of the nose) fat pads.
The cost will vary depending on the area being treated and the amount of product needed; however, we offer a guide here for the more commonly treated areas:
|Lips||$495 - $750|
|Cheeks||$750 - $1500|
|Nasolabial Folds (laugh lines)||$750 - $1500|
|Jawline||$750 - $1500|
|Lower Face||$750 - $1500|
|Facial Contouring (Lipolysis)||$450 - $1800|
Please remember this is guide pricing only. The best way to find out how much your treatment will cost is to book a free facial assessment so you will know what the exact cost will be before we start treatment.